Top Ten Reasons
10. Great Location - Downtown Dover is close to everything... major northeast cities and only an hour from beautiful Atlantic Coast beaches. Positioned perfectly to capture the buying power of nearby population centers. Dover is a major shopping hub of a greater market region consisting of over 230,000 people. Downtown Dover is easily accessible from all points.
9. Tax Free Shopping! - Need we say more?
8. A Supporting Downtown Business Organization - Downtown Dover Partnership offers a wide array of programs designed to assist start-ups, expansions and mature business.
7. Diverse Customer Base - Downtown businesses currently draw from a wide range of potential customers.
6. Major Visitor Attractions Draw Tourist Year-Round - Downtown Dover is home to six museums, a visitor's center, the public archives, and significant historic sites. The site where Delaware's delegates voted to ratify the U.S. Constitution sits right in the heart of the historic district!
5. An Emerging Entertainment & Cultural Arts Center - Dover is becoming an entertainment and cultural destination. Downtown initiatives like the renovation of the historic Capitol Theater and the Dover Art League serves as magnets to attract additional patrons to the district.
4. Business Smarts for the Future - High Speed Internet access through a variety of sources available throughout Downtown Dover.
3. Outstanding Special Events in a Beautiful Historic Setting - Dover is known for its rich history, beautiful architecture and colorful flower gardens. We are a community that recognizes the value of preserving our past. A close knit community, the citizens of Dover work through hundreds of volunteer organizations to keep our community healthy. Community events that bring people downtown can be found most every weekend of the year. Dover also plays host twice a year to NASCAR races and has a "First Night Celebration" throughout the downtown district during the holiday season.
2. Business Friendly Environment - New business start-ups can happen easier and faster in Dover. Why? Every place you need to register and license your business is practically within walking distance of downtown. If you are incorporating your business you'll be glad to know that the world-renowned Delaware Division of Corporations sits right in the heart of Downtown Dover.
1. Businesspeople Like You - You'll find people here are proud of where they work, live and play! There's an atmosphere here that's very conducive to new businesses, small business, and the entrepreneurial spirit.